CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Right Where God Has Me

So here I am, on the island of Cebu, and living in the city of Cebu, and feeling right smack in the middle of where God wants me to be! That's a pretty great feeling!
Even though Cebu is only a 45min flight from Manila I decided to take more adventurous route and got on board the SuperFerry instead. Which gave me 24hrs at sea to watch the water and the clouds, to wax poetic, to watch the water and the clouds some more and to get into an indepth religious discussion with a local pastor. I also ended up with a most fantastic farmer's burn, (on a cloudy dark day), and a good sense of transition, moving out of Manila and some of the difficult moments I faced there, and moving on to something different and new. I needed those 24hrs to reflect and make goals and watch the water and the clouds.
After arriving I had 2 beach days with some new friends and now I'm beginning to burrow into the clinic, my apartment and a new city. So far I've done 2 prenatal days, been at 2 births and completed my first night shift! What could be better than knowing you are in the place God has prepared for you?

The whole population of Manila on one fishing boat!

All just shades of grey: the incredible city skyline.

This storm formed over the island next to us, dark, amazing, looming clouds, pouring out their fury on everything below.

Mushroom Cloud: the storm moved off the land and passed right over our ship, somehow we survived!
The next day 360 degrees of this view entertained my eyes for hours.
At the beach my favourite flowers were there to greet us!
And at low tide we could walk out forever on this undersea sidewalk, with starfish and crabs and sea centipedes (of death), to watch on either side.
And look at the show God gave us at night!
NOT my ferry!
The sky was glorious

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love the flower picture, love the storm. Sounds like the ferry was the way to go.