CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Soul Restoration by Moonlight

As my whole family found it prudent to be elsewhere this Family Day, I took advantage of the day off with some dear friends. And filled a deep need in my soul for nature, not quite the Rockies, but a bit of beautiful medicine, in Tumbler Ridge.

It being several hours drive away, and us starting mid-afternoon, (due a certain game of Settlers lasting till the middle of the night before), we started our outdoor pursuits at a rather late hour. And you will see, as we traversed this bit of Woods, the sun slipped away into night, the pinks hid behind the hills and the moon rose higher.


I had the good fortune of traveling and trekking with the lovely young-Jones family, which meant that we had great conversation, good travel tunes, and lots of hilarious fake-sneezing, on Lilah's part.



Before we ended our journey back at it's beginning, we paused to overlook the expanse, dark but for the moon, and quiet but for distant highways. We felt mighty from our vantage point and then we closed our mouths, as the truly Mighty roared suddenly through the trees.

By the night light of the moon,
You wrapped Your arms around me,
Told me I was safe here,
And told me that You loved me.

In silent words You spoke it,
To a feeble body such as mine,
Your gentle, tangled forces blow,
By the moon, hung in Your sky.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful, poetic post. You made me cry at the end girl! Very well articulated. Thanks for that.