CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bright Sadness

After a week battling a mysterious stomach-something, I seem to have recovered. Much to my Great delight! This peculiar affliction sabotaged my good night's rests, while leaving me with normal-but sleep deprived days. I'll breathe easy after one more peaceful sleep.
Thankfully I managed to make it to work all week, and had a hectic but rewarding Friday. Friday's are the big show day, beginning each week at an unfortunately timed 7am prayer meeting, they keep trucking straight through till Youth Group wraps up around 10-11pm. T-i-r-e-d!
We had a great night - exploring the noise distractions that fill our lives, and the real goal of Lent - removing our distractions to make room for more intentional times with Yahweh, and doing justice to our neighbours. We listened for Him to speak in the Names of Christ, and in the way He cares for the birds and the lilies of the field. And those who wanted made commitments to Remove, Add, and Do Justice. All starting this Wednesday.
Myself, I will be giving up my at-home Facebook time, that hour of bored surfing and time wasting, is gone for 40 days. And the whole lot of us will be heading out to make friends with the elderly at a local Old Folks home this week.
Because this is the time of Bright Sadness, the advent to Holy Week. Remembering Christ's death in full view of the redemption and life He purchased. Living in the way of Easter Sunday, not far removed from the tragic Friday, but full of hope and wonder.
And I think it's pretty cool that a bunch of kids are willing to give that spin!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yahhh for giving up facebook, i am too, its going to be hard though, but i'm excited for it too! glad to hear you are better, i think i may have cracked my rib or something cause the pain wont leave! anywho check your facebook, cause i left you messeges, haha!
-Kayte