CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The End

It's all coming to an end. Sunday night marks my last shift at Glory Reborn, and the next morning I'll be heading to the nearby island of Negros ("knee-gross", not "knee-grows"), for 5 days of relaxation and sightseeing. Next Saturday I fly to Manila, and say goodbye to all my friends there. Four days later I hop another plane to cross that big, big ocean and make my way back to the cold of GP.
I'm ridiculously excited about home, albeit frigid, and a couch in my folks basement! But leaving is never easy, especially for an emotional wreck like myself. Here in Cebu I have had the privilege of working with more than a dozen fabulous Filipina nurses and midis, then there's the ever-so-helpful guards, the gym-folks, and Church friends. My Can-American friends Jen and Andrey have been God's great blessing to me! And I will seriously miss the cooking and eating of mouth-watering homemade meals, enjoyed with great conversation, local beer and The Office!

1 comments:

Chantal said...

I think I have asked you this before but is with the name "the kim chi"?