CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Next?

I worked a night shift last night and stayed on to deliver a baby boy at 9:30 this morning. And seriously, I think I delivered a toddler! At 8.8lbs, this baby out weighs any other local his age! It's amazing how a person can get used to a 6lb baby as normal. If I ever practice at home I'm going to be bowled over at the size of Western babies!
A couple of friends just wrote their big bad Midwifery licensure exam in the States, an exam I'm going to be facing this time next August. And it brings to mind that I have to try and figure out what is going on in my life after 2007. I've always had a plan, at least a short term one, or a long term goal. I don't feel like I have either anymore. So as I begin already to book things in for next year, I wonder what on earth I will be doing, and where I will be. Can I really make any plans at all?
I'm still open to direction, of course, but I'm hoping 2008 has a lot to do with Canada! And a few great trips to Jasper.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also praying about your future direction. Definitely hope 2008 has a lot to do with Canada! It will be wonderful to have you nearby.
I thought you wrote your exams in Feb.? What happened with that?

Chantal said...

Hi dear!!!
Is nursing still a possible plan? I get my MCAT marks back next week so I will know for sure if med is a no.
I thought you were writing your exam in January?