CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Normal?

My eyes are squinting as I try to run through all my online activities quickly, the computers in this internet cafe are prehistoric, and that manages to steal some of the joy from emailing and posting!
The last week has been very normal, certainly nothing out of the ordinary, what does a person write about when life is normal? I don't know, so in the name of News, I will give you these little tidbits...

  • We celebrated the 8th of July last Sunday (basically we were late), and I enjoyed it with Filipinos, Americans and one fellow Canadian. In the midst of a whole lot of Red, White and Blue, I frosted one cookie with a Canadian flag, and us Canucks shared it.
  • I am working my brain harder than usual (ha) with my recently acquired addiction to Sudoku, the ever-present midwifery studies and my new Cebuano efforts. I'll either come back without brain activity or as a genius.
  • After wondering where my kitty had gone to for so many hours, I finally tracked a small mewing from my closet, where I had unknowingly locked her for hours. Ooops.
  • I am becoming very comfortable in the killing of cockroaches, last night I was talking with a patient when I noticed a roach on the wall beside us, without any hesitation I lifted my flip flop and did away with him, all in a days work you know.
  • I bought a new hot pink pot and pan this week, seriously mahal kaayo! But at least now all my food isn't black and rusty!
  • I loved Church yesterday, I'm usually attending the Vineyard here, which is located in a really needy part of town and all around the congregation you can point out Glory Reborn midwives, nurses, our cook or security guard and past patients and their babies. Everyone is so friendly, which is a very Filipino trait, but they are even more than friendly, if I could remember that many names and faces I would now know the whole church!
  • I am discovering the great complexity of Cebuano, I was foolish to think I would ever understand this! I mean, I know I will, but this morning's lesson in Actor Topic Verb forms, was enough to overwhelm me for this week! I get so flustered in class, our teacher will ask a question and I'm left flipping pages, "That was on...No, Wait...Ok that one and..., Umm..."

Perhaps this week will become less normal and I will be able to find pictures and stories to share with you. Have a good week!

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Even if life is "normal" I love reading about it!
Were you told not to stomp cockroaches? We were told to drown them or spray them because if you stop a preggo one it's babies will spill everywhere. I don't know if that's true, I stomped them anyway because I was too lazy to run for bug poison every 5 min.

Anonymous said...

thinking of u :)