CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

24 Hours, an Office and a Haunted House

We turned out the lights, and we had just settled into our beds, when the door opened and a head popped in - "there's another labour." On - go the lights, back up - goes the hair, out of the air con and downstairs to assess our patient. Within the hour another 2 moms arrive. And that was Thursday night.
Well, I've finally woken up after sleeping almost all day yesterday! Thursday was a killer 24hr shift and by the end I was falling asleep in the middle of endorsing our patients to the next shift. I couldn't keep my eyes open if I wanted to!
We had 3 births, about 30 prenatals, 5 postpartum patients, a couple baby check ups and 2 yet-to-deliver labours. I know that a list like that hardly explains the mayhem, so you will have to believe me that all those numbers equal a crazy, non-stop busy 24hr shift! And being busy is a good thing, it means we're helping a lot of people, it means that I'm getting lots of experience. It means that this clinic is really meeting a huge need in this city! But it also means that for every 24hr shift, I have to schedule another day just to recover!
On a side note - my recovery day included discovering the wonder of the show The Office, which I have long wanted to watch, and have found in my apartment on pirated DVD. A new addiction has begun, but its a very wonderfully witty one!
Also my roommate Tess divulged to me this week that one of the rooms in our apartment is actually haunted. Yes, isn't that great? Apparently many people have heard voices in it, and felt a presence. And also a lot of spirtual warfare has been fought. I'm feeling ok with it, but I told Tess she really could have done without telling me!

1 comments:

middie said...

so just two more weeks...how long are you stayin girl...you sound like you should be getting numbers like crazy...