CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 22

Today, May 22, marks four months here in the Phils! I would say on the day that I arrived I could never, ever have guessed where I would be today or what would have all happened in between, but I guess I could barely remember my name after all the travel that got me here in January! In some ways the months have flown past, in other ways I can't believe it's only been four months.
I marked the date today with vision screening on the dumpsite, which was remarkably cooler than our previous location, being on the ocean will do that for you! But the breeze also reminds you that you are indeed on a dump, (and a quick look reminds you that people are living there). I don't know if you can imagine the scene that is here. I don't think you probably want to! But if ANYONE reading this is thinking "gee, I have money (or) time to pray just floating around waiting for some direction", well if you are thinking that you MUST comment or email me and I will be sure to tell you how you could use those gifts to give to some of the poorest people the world has ever known! If you contact me I can tell you about the opportunities to help.
Well, four months in - friends, 7 more to go!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

4 months! congrats friend!