CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The One with Prenatals, an Ocean and Ducks


So these first 9 days are a brief period to recupe from travel, and get some orientation to our work here and the Filipino culture. So that means that I have time to go to the beach and time for classes/review sessions and even prenatals!
That's right - today I found myself in a local church where some of our midwives go each week to provide prenatal check-ups to local women. Can you believe it? I've been here 2 days and we are already getting experience! To tell you the truth for the last year I have never really felt like this could really be real! Even in classes all summer I often wondered if they would really "let" us do this. And today I worked with another midi who has been here since last summer and she was just so knowledgeable and confident and good! And I realized that very soon I too will be as confident, and soon I too will have many, many similar experiences under my belt.
So aside from prenatals, in the last couple of days I had the chance to go to the beach and see the beautiful ocean (I think it's been almost 2 years!) and bathe some ducks, as you will see below!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

oh how nice it must be to be in the sun on the beach? Thats so cool that you are able to start actually doing prenatal things.. Are you a little bit scared?

Chantal said...

Surely you must be missing the snow and -40C weather. I'm so excited for you! That is so great that you get to do prenatals already with other midiwives. You're gonna be an amazing midwife!
Love you

Anonymous said...

Not sure how you're doing emotionally but you sure LOOK like you're in your element!
Love you. Hope you're starting to feel excited.