CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On to Manila!


So our time on this little island has come to a close. Tomorrow we catch a morning ferry back to the largest island of the Philippines - Luzon. By tomorrow evening we will be in our new home, starting to get settled in and make it ours, so that starting on Friday we will begin our acclimatization to Manila, figuring out our way around a city of 17 million!
The past 1.5 weeks has felt enormously longer - it's hard to imagine I left home such a short time ago! But these days have been good, I had such a hard time leaving home this time, and God gave me time and scripture and friends to help me move beyond that and trust Him. Also we've had chances to relax on the beach and for snorkeling. We've visited a local tribal village, and a century-old femme sage. We've had classes and reviews to prepare us for the life that starts next week! And like last Wednesday, this morning I had the chance to practice prenatals.

Today I stepped beyond observation to actually being the caregiver! I can no longer say "I will be a midwife", because I am a midwife! One in training, one still learning, but hey, midwives are always learning. It's lifelong.

0 comments: