CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 28, 2007

O is for Ocean


Today was our day of rest - so we went snorkeling! Some of you know my history with snorkeling and the ocean and may wonder why I would attempt such a thing, but alas, I did. It was okay, but the whole time I spent thinking 2 things: don't let your friends get more than 5ft away and that coral is really close, I'm claustrophobic! Oh and as a lovely twist of fate I did get a small jelly sting! Nothing to complain about, if my last sting was say a 10 this is a 1 or a 2. I'll survive.
Then we returned to "our" beach only to find the tide abnormally high and the waves extremely intense. What is usually 30-40ft of beach was at times completely submerged. Waves were cresting at 6-10ft right on shore and sweeping up to the "resort" walls! There were these little boys having a heyday in the waves, while we watched to make sure they didn't get swept off!
Look at the last pic, those precious boys came and joined our line and were mimicking us - so cute!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim, it looks so wonderful. Those jellyfish sure like you! All of your photos are awesome, we're glad you sent so many. Such beautiful children and I love the way you've captured them. The boys on the beach are too cute!!!

Jenn said...

kim it looks awesome. why didn't you blog about your other experience that you talked about on Chantal's comments. too funny you must have died.

Chantal said...

Seeing all those kids makes me miss the philippines so much! Aren't the mangyans the best! I'm glad I'm not the only one who got tossed around by the waves! I hope those little boys didn't see anything! Still haven't found any stores that carry the cups to replace the one I lost from my swimsuit. Are you gals at Porta Guelera (I can't spell)?
Love you lots

Chantal said...

oh, and i do feel a little better. But i would feel alot better if you blew a snot rocket in public!