CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Musings on Christmas - Part 2

A while back I mused on the Christmas story and told you there would be more - well here is that promised more. On the weekend I had the chance to see The Nativity Story, and then I went and saw it again on Monday!
Here's what I'm saying:
GO SEE THE NATIVITY STORY IN THEATRES!!!
The reason I saw this movie twice (and may need to see it again), is that it is teaching me enormous things about God. It is so incredibly and deeply moving my heart and I think it will move you too! When I got home the first night I took out my journal and filled pages with all that was going on in my head. Basically this movie is a MUST-SEE! (I will not bother to review it at all I only say that I recognize that some liberty was taken for dramatic effect, I'm fine with that!)
So onto the enormous things I am learning about our LORD who spread out the Heavens and know the hairs on my head - here's the biggest thing:
- the Christ child came and lived in the smallest way! He, the Ultimate HE did not "demand and cling to His rights as God, but made Himself nothing and took the humble position of a slave." Christ did not come with big headlines in the papers, he did not hold press conferences or revival meetings. He didn't have a state-of-the-art website or the most Myspace friends ever. He just didn't, and that wasn't a marketing mistake! Christ came in the smallest, crudest, most pitiful manner. To an unwed mother, to a couple of kids who were probably terrified at what lay before them. He came and called a small gathering of ragamuffins to his side. He went on no world tours. This Christ child, who came and saved the WORLD, actually went very few places, knew very few people and acted in really, really small ways! What am I learning about God right now?? I am learning that He is the Humble King!
As I have said before - this whole story speaks so deeply, straight into my heart. Mary was met by an angel and answered “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” I wonder and awe at her complete obedience and faith - in the midst of such shock, confusion, fear and emotional upset!! The whole idea of the Christ, growing inside her womb! Ahhhh! Maybe it's because I'm a girl, maybe it's because I'm a midwife, maybe it's because I'm so stinking emotional... Whatever the reason, God's story has captivated me!
I pray that it captivates you too!

0 comments: