CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Date

I guess I have one bit of news that I have not yet remembered to share with you. My mother is on my case to blog about it - even though she already knows... But I suppose I should blog it anyway:
I bought my tickets!
I now have my "departing the country" date. Ooh, and the word - date, works in two ways: I am leaving Vancouver on January 21 (1:30am - yuck), and one of my dear midwife friends is flying with me. I have a date!
What hasn't been finalized is when I will leave GP for Vancouver. I'm looking into going a day or two early to spend some time in a 24-7 Prayer room down there.
I suppose I haven't given 24-7 much time on this blog, when in fact it is very dear to my heart, and was a big part of my life for a few years. 24-7 Prayer is a movement of youth and young-at-heart who are praying as if it all depends on God - and living as if it all depends on us. Most often 24-7 is expressed in local churches/schools/etc setting up prayer rooms to run non-stop for a week or longer. These rooms are dedicated solely to prayer - but what that prayer looks like is limitless! Most rooms have lots of music, art supplies, quiet corners, room to dance, journals, newspapers and globes. And people take on hour long time-slots, round the clock, and take time out to be with God and whatever business He leads them to do.
There's a room running in Vancouver that has be running non-stop for 3 years!! (Correct me if I'm wrong on that variable) It's located right in the heart of the seedy and needy Vancouver and its a place dedicated solely to God. I've never had the chance to visit it, and in fact it's been some time since I've had a chance in any prayer room.
So I'm looking at taking a day or two to transition out of home and into this mission. To focus on God, to find His courage and comfort (leaving is always so very hard!). To remember that my calling in all of this is always to know Him, and to bring glory to Him.
That's the news.

4 comments:

Suzette said...

kim,
i'm so excited for you. there's a big house of prayer in kc that i was thinking of going to. so, after reading your post i'll be more motivated to actually make time to go.
love,
suzette

Dan King said...

hey kim ... very exciting about the tickets!! make sure you contact aaron about booking time in the prayer room ASAP as the shifts are 3 hours and fill up far in advance! peace, dan

Kim said...

thanx for the tip dan - i've already checked in with him. didn't know about the 3hr shifts though - now that is commitment from their regulars!! -K

Chantal said...

I'm so excited for you. Your gonna be an amazing midwife and missionary. That would so cool to be a part of the prayer room in Vancouver. Can't wait to see you, just a few more weeks! You'll have to show me some of our line dancing moves!