CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Normal School Ends Now

The last day of NORMAL school has come and gone! I can not believe that I'm already here - it doesn't seem possible that the everything is through. Starting today and now until next Thursday we have split up into our own disciplines. The midwives are meeting each day for intensives, where we learn skills for emergency deliveries, and complications. Today we studied breech births and twins! WOW! We watched the most amazing, shocking video ever. This women has a homebirth of twins, the second of which is a footling breech!!!! And the crazy thing is that there is no doctor or midwife (midwife doesn't make it in time), so this women delivers completely calm and in control, while her husband videotapes! Anyway, its impossible to explain, and most of you don't want the details. I'm gonna try and get a copy of the film for myself - so I can do private showings once I get home!!
If you're interested - check out www.earthbirthproductions.com. This was the anassisted birth of twins. Crazy amazing!
In one week school will be completely over, and just days after that I will head home to wait out, and enjoy, and study away the fall! Can I ever get this much info inside my head for good??

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting! Birth and all! We'll be waiting to hear from you when you get back
Love & prayers, Grandma & Granda