CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Born Again and Again and Again


Its a Wednesday night and I have finished my homework before 12 o'clock- miracles do happen! This weeks assignment is "Normal Labour and Pain Management", and I must say that the actual labour homework is the most interesting of all our studying.
This afternoon as a visualization of the 8 Mechanisms of Labour we each made shower-cap style fetal skulls which we wore as we attempted to be born out of a cardboard box mother! Maybe you had to be there - it was worth many a chuckle! But today I was born 3 times - twice LOP (sorry, cardboard box mama) and once LOA. LOP stands for left occiput posterior, meaning that the back of my head was facing my mama's left side and my spine was towards hers - that means painful back labour. Ouch!
Here we are a class of midwives-to-be in fetal fashion! Note the large anterior fontanelle!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

hey, is that how grayson was facing in me? you look so cute in your little hat.

Chantal said...

Hi dear!
So how did it feel to be born again? Hope it was too traumatic. Those are large anterior fontanelles! Hope you have some more pics of your re-birth, I'm sure it was quite the sight. Are you coming home after your finished your lecture phase? Let me know, because I will wait till the last possible minute to move to saskatoon.
Love and miss ya lots!

Kim said...

Yes Jenn, Grayson was posterior, I can't remember though if he was left or right, but he was born occiput first - and that's the way to go - smallest fetal head diameter!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

uh, ok, this is way beyond my comfort level. I'll continue praying for the clinic though, cause, uh, yeah... that's what guys do... :) *time to exit*

Anonymous said...

hmmm...I see...I never knew that would be part of your studies. Well hopefully for your cardboard mom you can get turned around next time