CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Fleshing Out - Excitement

Everyday someone asks me if I am excited about leaving, training to be a midwife or entering missions.
"Excited?"
"Yeah, I can't believe its almost here / I can't believe they're actually going to let me do this / Only 23 more days / I can't believe I found something that involves so many of my passions / I've been waiting so long, it barely seems real / Just trying to get all of life in order before I leave / Yeah, and a little bit scared too."
Those are my usual responses. You've probably heard them. And they're true, that's why I say them. But I honestly don't feel like they really communicate much. They're pat. Not that I have a problem with pat - Pat's a great name.
I wish I could actually say what I'm thinking. Seems easy enough, but I don't exactly know how. So I'm making a list - these are some of the right words:

  • emotional
  • overwhelmed
  • ecstatic
  • anxious
  • expectant
  • curious
  • impatient
  • keen (an entirely Canadian word!)
  • joyful
  • nervous
  • encouraged
  • ready

Now you know. Please keep me in your prayers. Everything begins in 23 short days, actually by the time you read this it'll probably be less!

I'm really excited! (Ha)