CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Mercy In Action - Manila

Here is a brief glimpse of where I'm heading this fall! I have borrowed these images from a past student to give you a quick look at our maternity center near Welfareville.

- Mercy In Action Sign "Free Services"

Birth Room in Maternity Center -

- "Mercy babies" - born in the Maternity Center




Worship @ the clinic on a prenatal day -

- A rough hand-drawn map of Welfareville. This slum in/near Metro Manila is only 1km square but houses 62,000 people! It is more densely populated than anywhere in North America!


I stole these images from Stephanie Iseko, thanx!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh! Adorable babies!
You realize that's barbed wire atop those walls right? Eesh. I'm praying for you girl.

Kim said...

It may be barbed wire but that's what keeps us safe. Its the folks without it that really need so much prayer. Not to say that I don't want your prayers...
Thanx.

Anonymous said...

Good point!
You have such a great outlook on these situations. I'm sure your work there will be a wonderful experience, and you will be a blessing to everyone you meet.

Jenn said...

Wow kim I can't believe how fast its coming. I know how excited you are.