CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 27, 2006

101 Wishes

Do you dream big dreams?
There's an article on 24-7 right now about dreaming big dreams. So often our sights are set on the attainable... maybe the sensible. But if God has promised to give us the desires of our hearts, if all things are possible through Him then maybe we should try to dream a little bigger.
What would happen if you were to take out a page of loose leaf, or A4, or a new Word doc and start making a list of things you dream of? What if you set out to make a list of 101 Wishes?
That's the challenge of the article, to take the time to dream a little bit. I bet that your list would get off to a roaring start, the first 10 or 20 flying from your fingers. But eventually (perhaps sooner than later), they'd probably start to slow down, and you'll be left to imagine the impossible, the far-fetched, the idealistic.
So I'm extending the challenge - write your wish list. I haven't yet, I'll have to work on it, but off the top of my head I can guarantee you that my list will include:

  • I want to learn at least 4 languages.
  • I want to swim with a Manatee.
  • I want to be an excellent midwife, to deliver many-many babies!
  • I want to play jazzy piano.
  • I want to be less selfish, to love others more.
  • I want to run a 10K.

What about you?

0 comments: