CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Three Hills

I unexpectedly spent the weekend in the little town of Three Hills. A sudden opportunity came up and I traveled down with our Sr. High Youth leaders for a Youth Worker conference. I'm really glad we went, I think God really spoke to a couple of my co-workers, and that's an awesome thing.
The most encouraging thing for me, was hearing long term, "successful" youth pastors and profs, share about their absolute failures! Strange, right? It just really lifted a sense of guilt and inadequacy from my shoulders. It also normalized my experiences and struggles this Fall. And I have some new resources. It was time and cashola, well spent.
And I got to see Mia. It's been a year and a half, and we've never actually seen each other on Canadian soil, even though we live in the same province. It was very good to see her, it was a sort of debrief and catch up. And also a new light to see each other in, normal life, not life on steroids as our other experiences could be likened to. It was too short, but I am glad for the visit. Thanx for the tea Mia!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad the guilt has lifted and that you've found some validation in your struggles as a youth pastor. I can't imagine it's easy. Hang in there girl and give yourself some grace.

I always feel like I don't know what I'm doing. It sucks to feel like we're in over our heads but it's actually a good thing because our inadequacy is a reality and feeling weak is a good reminder of where our competency really comes from.

I feel totally out of my league in this midwifery thing but I still feel compelled to do it because it is so out of my comfort zone, knowing that as I step out I will depend on and experience Almighty God in ways I won't need to if I stay comfortable working within my few confident abilities.

Blessings.

middie said...

hey
the talk was great...I am glad I got to reconnect-can't believe a year and a half went by...told the girls I saw you when i went down for the wedding...anyway it was so encouraging and funny to see you in the hills of all places... many many blessings