CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

There's Not Enough Oxygen

There's not enough oxygen in the world this week. I've had the mysterious misfortune of developing a sudden case of pneumonia. Not that I know anyone with pneumonia, or that I've been sick, I went to bed healthy and fine and woke up, not so healthy and fine.
So I went to the Doc yesterday, and after waiting an hour, it's my turn, and it is then they tell me I don't have health insurance. What?? I'm Canadian, I'm Albertan, I'm working, therefore I have health insurance. In the end we had to pay, call Alberta Health, get a refund, blah blah blah. But how could I not have health insurance? And it's the kind of thing you only ever find out in the hour of need.
Anyway, in all of that ranting I realize that some 90% of the world's population don't have health insurance and never will, so...
Now I'm on meds, and hoping they work, I've been waiting for this coming weekend for a long time, as some friends and I are set to for a 1-day road trip to Edmonton for a concert - John Butler Trio. And also the chance to see my grandparents after 2 years!! And buy a pair of jeans that fit me. All very good things. And as it is now, things are looking pretty iffy for me. Arghh.
So apparently this is a whine and rant blog, I apologize, you can stop reading if you want. My brain's probably slightly cooked and rattled after 2 days of high fever and so much coughing! The stairs, getting out of bed, sitting in a chair, all of these have been enough to put me out of breath these days. Apparently there's not enough oxygen in the world this week.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim .... I'm so sorry to hear about your illness! And ... yes, how frustrating with the health care! Govt agencies are very picky ... and require much checking and double checking!

Get some rest!

I'm pleased you can do your exams this summer. It IS very hard work, but you'll be thankful when its done. Actually, it amazes me how the hard work just keeps coming. Learn to enjoy is while you do it ... allow God to bless you in the challenges and then times of rest.

Who knows how he'll use you and this in your and others' lives!

Hey ... I love you blog site. I haven't seen much of these .... it's great! I love hearing more about you and what's going on. I'm often tempted to share like that on my site, but then feel like it could be misunderstood. I appreciate knowing.

Hang in there! Thanks for all you do! Colleen