CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Twin-ed Life

I ran my first Youth Group last night! In two words: "Hectic Fun!" We had the good company of all sorts of twins, including Elvis and his (stillborn) baby twin brother. I'm serious the kids came up with that one themselves, while perhaps not in the best taste, they are terribly creative. Yes, it was Twin Night, complete with Siamese twin games (duct-taped together), a Choco-pudding feed race, and finally a talent show!
To end the night I spoke about my time in the Phils, and how greatly God looked after me. Ending with a moving and clever, (ahem!), slideshow, which did of course include some beautiful Twins. And the kids listened really well, or at least respected the "you can be bored, just be quiet" request. (Insert smiley face here.)
I felt a little stressed with the whole event, but in reflection realize that that is mostly to be expected and that things went remarkably well, and according to plan. I think we all had fun too.
I'm certainly left wishing I had one of those magnetic personalities that draws peoples' attention and creates a sort of energy. That would be nice... but I guess they'll have to deal with dull, trying to be able to be loud-enough Kim. (Smile again.)
That's okay, in my weakness He is strong.

0 comments: