CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 11, 2008

Good Things

I have had two amazing moments this week! How am I so lucky? And should I really chance mislabeling it with the word "luck"?
What a place to be in, I feel that I am starting something with incredible blessing being placed on me. And it might turn out to be a very difficult thing, it might be very demanding, and I might even have to do battle sometimes. But it is starting so good, I'm being given the gift of starting well. Everything that anyone else can do to help me start, is being done, is being given. The rest is really up to me and my faithfulness to God and task set before me.
The first wonderful Moment happened during Tuesday morning staff meeting, not a place that many people look to for good gifts! But I was welcomed, with warm words, into a group I already know. And they surrounded me and they laid hands on me and prayed, setting me aside for this ministry.
And Moment two happened just tonight, after a chilly couple hours of sledding, with the Youth who have been placed in my care. As they too encircled me, and laid hands and prayed, and the faith-filled prayers of these 14-17 year-olds praised God for His plan. And we all asked Him to do great things in this time, and to make us willing to serve, and to use our gifts.
I am loved, and trusted. And I love them in return, I don't think a better group of teens exists anywhere, these are really great kids! And God has given them to me, and me to serve them. And that is a huge responsibility, I feel it, and I know it's heavy - but I am really just thrilled.
Who wouldn't be thrilled when they had just enjoyed a cupcake buffet with "Welcome Kim" spelled out over top?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

how special. God has ordained you for this in this time. it is up to him to provide what you need. just keep stepping out in faithfulness and he will sustain you with his faithfulness. It's not about what you accomplish, it's about obedience and the state of your heart. Keep your eyes to Jesus and you're gonna do GREAT! loves ya!