CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Closing Another Chapter

Well my time here in Manila is coming to a close and I am getting ready to leave for Cebu on Wednesday, another life Chapter is closing, a particularly short one this time. I have had a lot of good experiences, worked through some deep questions, and met many interesting and great people in the past 2 months - both while living at the guesthouse and through volunteering with PCF.
I know there haven't been many pictures lately, especially of any of the work I've been doing. As I'm sure you understand, pulling out a paparazzi style camera in a slum is a little insensitive, so I haven't even attempted. This week I did go in and photograph some of the moms busy with their livelihood projects of sewing and jewlery making and I sneakily snapped this from a second story window. It's not a good picture, but perhaps it will help you imagine the Navotas community a bit further, that wall of boxes is a wall of graves, the empty pavement the local basketball court, and the green fluid is unidentifiable. This is the place where children play, some naked, all barefoot. I have such respect for the beautiful people who live there, especially those who are working hard to serve their neighbours! I'm truely grateful for my time with PCF, they are doing remarkable work, all with hearts to love like Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This picture is unbelievable. I just didn't imagine such a place when you said, "graveyard". Unfathomable, so sad. I'm so glad that PCF is trying to make a difference for the families who live there.

Chantal said...

I hope your travels are safe and uneventful. Is it typhoon season yet?

Tami Michel said...

Kim, Good luck in Cebu I hope that your time there will be a great blessing to you as well as those you serve. It was great to see you at the guesthouse a few weeks ago. Thanks for storing our stuff!!

Tami (Alex's Mom)

middie said...

okay girl so hope the ferry ride went real well...hope your roomies kept their hands to themselves...