CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

This is the Day

I was closing in on the second lap of my morning run, when an unbeckoned song popped into my head; that classic Sunday School tune, "This is the Day." The words slipped from my mouth, while I panned the area to make sure no one could over hear, (which really shouldn't matter in a country where karoake is normal behaviour). "This is the day that the LORD has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it..."
So folks this was my day:
We visited Alma and her twins, and Mia did postpartum checkups all round.

One of Alma's beautiful daughters; Samaria, has claimed little Joseph (my favourite), as hers. She's pretty enthralled, and so motherly.
After posing with her boys, Samaria took helm with my camera and caught some shots of her own:
She catches a great smile from Ate Mia...
...while Ate Doris catches a wink and Alex entertains the neighbours...
...and I hold the boy with the greatest hair, so guwapo!
We stopped to visit 3 more recent deliveries - admiring babies, answering questions and doing checkups. As we rounded the bend to home we found some of our neighbour boys taking advantage of a breeze and flying small kites from the top of the garbage heap.
I don't feel like what we're doing here is very BIG, it certainly seems like half of a quarter of a drop in the bucket. And some days that is a real battle in my mind and my heart. But I have wise parents who stand beside me. And I have these good, sweet moments with our moms. And I am reminded that ultimately this is His day, I will rejoice and be glad to be a part of it. This is the day, this is day that LORD has made!

4 comments:

barry-eh said...

Kim, thank you for your faithfulness! It speaks volumes. We continue to pray for you.

Chantal said...

I love that song! We sung it all the time with our kids there. Those babies are so adorable. You are making the world of difference to those babies and moms. The first thing those babies feel when they come out is the hands of Jesus guiding them into the world!

Jenn said...

Kim so wonderful to hear your up dates. once again wonderful pictures of course. miss you. Love you.

Ashley, Danielle , Benjamin, Samuel and Matthias said...

Kim, What beautiful babies!!! They have so much hair. Glad to hear you are doing well. We are enjoying your blog. Take care