CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 02, 2007

Joyful Moments

In the Philippines you call your elders Ate and Kuya, "big sister" and "big brother". And our Ate Doris is a darling friend who works with us in caring for moms and babes. We work in her community, with her neighbours, friends and family and she faithfully attends births, regularly finds new pregnant women, and translates for us. Her quiet and gentle spirit bless us, she works hard for her family and for the community, she is a sister in Christ and she is very special to us.
Last week, her eldest daughter Diane graduated from high school and we had the joy of giving her a grad gift - a new guitar! One of my deepest thrills is to give gifts, and this one was so meaningful! Diane and her younger sister Dorothy sing and play beautifully, they even win local contests, but previously they had to jam on a borrowed guitar. Now they have one for keeps. It was a beautiful moment for us, and Diane treated us to a mini concert right there!

Ate Doris and Diane.

This little one is my little Andrea Jesusa - she's one month already! Look at those little earings!

5 comments:

Desiree said...

That little baby girl is so precious, you look like you are doing wonderful work there. I love little earrings on little baby girls. People thought I was so mean doing that to my seven week old daughter, but she is still fine to this day.

What a wonderful gift you were able to give to that young girl, I am sure she was so grateful.

Chantal said...

That's so awesome! She looks so happy playing the guitar! And that baby is adorable! I'm so jealous that you get see all those cute little babies!

Chantal said...

I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and heat there! It is -15 and snowing here today.

Chantal said...

Guess what!?! I finished my last chemistry lab of my life today! It went terribly, but I'll never have to do it again. Lord willing.

Chantal said...

There, just in case you felt left out from my eager beaver commenting spree!

Love you dear!