CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Life's Little Wonders

I made a chicken-nugget trip to my local Golden Arches and made some fascinating observations. I had to pull out my receipt and jot them down to be sure I remembered them. I called it: "The Idiosyncrasies of My Local McD's", and here they are:

  • the mother-infant room was blaring obnoxious dance tunes - the general restaurant was enjoying peaceful silence,
  • the tray paper listed off the many ways the store keeps food prep and service sanitary and safe - but when ordering at Mickey's, who's chief concern is health?
  • this store ran their own day camp (it's summer break here), OK, weird already, what if I told you - they teach Catholic prayers and calisthenics?

Onto to other random anecdotes... I caught a ride with the British ambassadors wife this week. She's very nice and dropped me off at the train station so I didn't have to get a cab. I'll leave you wondering... And a Filipino man my age walked up to me today and told me that I am Britney Spears. Obviously you can imagine my surprise! But he assured me, she is his idol, and I look just like her, especially my hair. I actually laughed in his face when he told me this, what is the correct way to respond to the harmless stalker who is nuts, and blind apparently? (I almost felt like I must have switched lives with Chantal!)

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Bah hahaha! I love it! I am so glad ridiculous things happen to someone else. Wow Britney, that's impressive. If anything I would have though J-Lo or someone else that had brown hair. That is tooo funny!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! If you've truly switched lives with Chantal, beware of Zellers change rms. crossing streets, toilets, etc... And Chantal, you beware of spiders!