CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 11, 2007

My Real Name is Robin Hood

So Dad, I discovered this over here! Did you really think you could keep it a secret by releasing it in the Philippines?
Alex enjoys a cuppa Halo Halo, the local summertime favourite: beans, jellies, fruits, taro, ice-shavings and evap milk! Sound tasty?? Trust me it's 25cent Heaven Heaven!

We spent today on a Labour-Sit, which is basically waiting, waiting for a baby to decide to make it's appearance. One of our moms goes into labour and we check on her and decide what to do, today we expected quick progress and we stayed the whole day.
This particular mom is pretty funny, so we had a hoot with her, her neighbours and kids are in-and-out all day long. Late afternoon we go for a walk and we follow our passel of Filipina women out of their community and into this hidden ritzy-private neighbourhood. I had no idea it even existed, and its so peculiar, two steps takes you out of a slum and squatter community to the mansions of the upper-class! But it's a beautiful escape from the noise of their lives, and we all enjoyed it immensely.
But to explain my new name... all of the wealthy have these beautiful yards with all sorts of tall fruit trees, and because of my height (which seems to bring everyone great joy!), I was chosen to pick fruit for everyone. As the watchdogs barked, and the girls stood guard, I plucked a nice bag of green mangos and guavas. Yes, I'm stealing from the rich and giving to the poor!! Now you know what I'm about!
PS: we're still waiting on that baby!

3 comments:

Chantal said...

I never acquired a taste for halo halo, actually I never tried it. But the one you got there actually looks a little more appetizing.

mmm guavas, yummy!

If your really robin hood where is the green tights?

love you!

Jenn said...

Robin hood or not, NO one should ever wear green tights. Looks like your dad has some explaining to do. Thats so funny.

Anonymous said...

Yes I used to look that pretty, it was a shot from my early days. It is amazing what having teenage girls will do to ones looks.
PS Robbin': be careful, jails there are most likely pretty scary places. Even for the night.