CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Adventures of One $200 Lumina

My car has been the source of much stress these last couple days - it may infact have passed into the hereafter...
Two times now, yes twice this same event has happened to me - on Sunday on my way to church and last night on my way to Choir, my car has lost power and come to a complete stop in the middle of Resources Rd, and refused to be started. And for those of you who aren't familiar with said road, know that it is a 70km/hr road, with few lights and intersections. Perhaps I should just stay off of Resources Rd.
Now you may wonder why after the first breakdown I was driving the wretched beast again - well by Sunday afternoon, (after being towed), my precious little Lafawndah started and drove without a hitch. Nothing could be found wrong, and so I took my life into my hands and tried it all again...
The whole thing has been rather taxing - first, the stress I go through, and put others through when these sorts of events happen, and second, the arm-and-leg it cost to get my car towed (the first time), third the time it took to tow it ourselves (the second time), and now it sits dead-in-the-water at my folks place.
God has been more faithful to provide for me than I can explain to you here, my dad and Ben's mechanical skills, and even little Lafawndah was a great gift. I have one month left here in GP and with it - work, church, life... God knows my needs, and I know that He will continue to provide.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... my good ol' 1993 Lumina used to do that for a bit. It would just kind of shut off once in a while. Then later it would mysteriously seem perfectly fine.

For some reason, GM thought it would be convenient to stash the battery underneath the window-washer tank, run a cable up to an isolated post mounted above the tank and connect everything to that. All they managed to accomplish was creating an additional connection that can (and thus, inevitably, does) become loose. Having a loose connection on the main power cable for the whole vehicle does not usually bode well for reliability.

So in my case, tightening a bolt or two on the stupid power post was all it took.