CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 06, 2006

My Sister Brings Out My Bad Dancing and Bad Judgement

They say that one third of our whole winter's expected snowfall has already come. That's in the last week and a half! I can assure you that's a lot of snow, and driving has yet to become even remotely normal.
This past week has been crazy busy - I'm not used to such a schedule. This weekend we had a youth conference in town and so I was hanging out with our jr. high kids - mostly seemed like chauffering. But between all that crazy-snow driving, they brought in a fantastic speaker (a Mr. Sid Koop), and had a concert going on on Saturday night with Friday's Cry and TFK. Kayte and I had a blast just dancing away - and if you think we were really dancing, ahem, think again. When Kayte and I dance, other people try and get away, far away! I love that my long hair is perfect for head-banging!
Speaking of my sister - she had written a song sometime last week and planned to perform it at a Talent Show as part of the weekend. Well Saturday comes around and she kinda chicken's out - and demands that I perform this song with her. And in a fling of sisterly support and bad judgement I agreed! Kayte and I sang her song (a beautiful song), and did quite well, except for the one word on which we had totally different ideas about what note we should sing (yikes). That and the part where I just kinda made up stuff and followed along when I didn't know what was supposed to come next! Really - it was beautiful.
Today, I'm pretty exhausted. But I am dreaming of Wednesday when I don't have to work and can get back to my homework - which I've been neglecting lately.
Did I tell you, I found out when I'm taking off!! I can buy a ticket for around January 22! Yikes, I'm happy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAha Yaaa!! a blog with me in it! oh boy it was a gay ol' time wasn't it:D i had fun especially dancing.. so right now i'm waiting for amanda to pick me up and i've been waiting for like 35 min!!

Chantal said...

Wish i could have seen you gals bustin' a move on the dance floor. Did you pull out any of your country dance moves? When I come home for christmas we'll have to have a dance party, you with your country, me with ballet and kayte with whatever she wants!
Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

Kim you're a hoot. I wish I could of been there to see it.