CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Do You SEE People?


"Do you see anything?"
It's the question Jesus asked the blindman after He spit in his eyes. And it's the question Jeff (of New Brunswick - you know, Jeff in New Brunswick, ??) asked himself and now poses for us.
And his answer is the very same as the once-was-blindman's - "I see people."
But what difference does that make to any of us, we see people everyday. But I wonder if we really do SEE people or if we skin colour, style, careers, lifestyles, age, whatever. Do we classify people as this or that, so we don't actually have to see them as individual created beings. Children of God that He has a plan for, a will for, someone made in His image.
What if we stop labelling people? What if we just choose to love them regardless of what we might think they are?
So today I'm recommending 2 articles first the above mentioned-gooder by Jeff on
24-7 Prayer and one that hits on AIDS and inconviencing ourselves because God wants us to love others, by Ryan Hannah on Relevant.


I guess for me this is really at the front of my mind right now. As I head into school I'm trying to think of the things I want to remember to be, to do when I am fully engaged in all the busyness of missions and studying and living with others. I want to learn from all my past travels, from what God has been teaching me these last years. Most of these ideas, these goals have to do with loving God and loving people. That's all life ever seems to be about.

So I guess I want to remember to SEE people. To know them, to listen to them, to know their names, to go above and beyond, to pray for them, to think of others first.

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I love reading your blog. The stuff you write about is so inspiring. It's like going to church on Sunday, but hearing it whenever I stop by for a read. Thanks, it really puts things in perspective.

Kim said...

okay - you made me get tear-y! I dunno if that's hard, but...
thank you. glad you enjoy!