CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2009

WWOOF

In the great expanse of unknown that will soon be my life and my unemployment, I have discovered one exciting option! After the trip down the West Coast (fingers crossed that this will for certain work out, it HAS to), I'm considering taking 3 months for more travel, fun and irresponsibility before I start looking for work and thinking about reschooling.
There is an organization out there called WWOOF (World-Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms), and basically members can volunteer with any of the thousands of host organic farms around the world. You work a few hours a day, get free room and board, meet the locals, see the sights and learn something new about farming, gardening, etc. These are farms are seriously ALL over the world, you can go anywhere, and your only costs are transportation and spending money! This sounds like a riot, I'm just in awe that such an opportunity is out there. And I think I'm going to go for it! Since I've already spent considerable time in Asia, it's time to head somewhere new, I'm ready for another corner of the world, and at the top of list: Argentina! Followed by Ecuador, any of the surrounding nations, and even just America.
So come September I may be saying Adios to GP once again, and hitting the road for something unlike any other adventure I've ever tried. I'm grinning just thinking about it.
PS: I'm looking for co-adventurers.

0 comments: