CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Bottomless Lake

It was 2 weeks ago my folks texted with a command to pack a bag and join them in Jasper, where it was very hot. I thought for a moment and did as I was I told, arriving that evening. I had two lovely, gorgeous weather days in the mountains. We floated down the Athabasca and I went swimming in the bottomless Horseshoe Lake. Which was certainly cold and mildly nerve-wracking. What appears in these pictures to be crystal blue waters was actually shear underwater cliffs, a black unknown full of fish. And I'm a sissy! But I eventually accomplished my goal and swam out to this fascinating island rising almost to the top, right in the middle.


Alas summer is over, winter has come and my feet and fingers are always cold. Sweater days are here!

0 comments: