CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 09, 2007

Manila-Land

Manila, again, I'm back. And oddly arriving last night felt a bit like coming home! Not like the excitement I have inside when I think about Thursday. (Yay!) But just this comfortable happiness at seeing all the familiar places, the traffic, driving past all the malls. I've noted that perspective must play a lot into my vision, living here I never romanticized this city into a happy, pretty-lights kind of place. But enroute to loved ones and Canada, my eyes see good things.
Until of course I ventured out with a dear friend this afternoon to attempt my last minute purchases. Big mistake! Sunday afternoon, Christmas season, 18 million people! Such a bad idea! And then trying to find a cab, my aching lungs, mixing with the experiences of the day, reminded me, that all is not wonderful in Manila-land.
But I am happy to be here, enroute, visiting friends and my Manila family. And happy to God for those friends, and to be going to a place my heart's been wanting for a long while. I'm blessed.

0 comments: