CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Being Home

Things I love about being home:

  • layers of heavy blankets at night,
  • long sleeves, fuzzy sweaters and mittens,
  • big, beautiful containers of vanilla yogurt,
  • not waking to find roach and gecko carcasses in my home,
  • making phone calls - not texts,
  • great sermons and having communion,
  • driving again, driving a truck(!!),
  • pecans and almonds in great big costco-sized bags,
  • cupboards full of baking ingredients,
  • being invisible on my street, at the store, anywhere,
  • constant access to my fam,
  • having a new little sister!

Things I don't love about being home:

  • the weather,
  • my skins reaction to the weather - (think lots and lots of lotion),
  • getting into frigid vehicles,
  • the rude and self-centered side of this country,
  • the lack of easily accessible, cheap, public transportation,
  • having cold feet, hands and nose - always!

0 comments: