CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 07, 2007

Things I've Thought

So here's the unbelievable truth... I heard White Christmas on the radio last night. For real! And I loved it, it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, I was about ready to call home to share the joy, when I looked at the clock and decided that a call wouldn't be appreciated.
So as I have said before, there is a LOT of dance built into Filipino culture. But I think I realized something more about it tonight. I was at the gym when the usual "I'm Too Sexy For My Body" aerobics class started, and as usual I joked with some of the trainers about it, and smirked and didn't dance! But as I gawked I realized that it is completely normal here for grown, straight men to work their stuff on the dance floor. I mean 40 year-old men are out there, not self-concious and grooving. Perhaps they don't have any ideas of embarassment?
For now I will not be joining in, I figure 6' tall and white is enough attention, without a dance performance. But you never know, if middle-aged men can dance and no one bats an eye, maybe it would be no more a show for me to join in. I'll let you know if I change my mind.
We had our August Baby Party this week, and I think that Baby Party Day is my favourite of the whole month! All of our moms get together at one time, and they're thanking God, and breastfeeding their babies, and singing and laughing, and showing off their babies! And some of the dads even come, and we coerce them into joining in too, (ok, so they don't breastfeed)! It's just the most tangible thing, I can't ever feel like my efforts here are wasted, I just look at the dozens of healthy, happy moms and babies. Eat cake with them, bless their babes and take lots of pictures! That's a day when joy is pretty easy!

3 comments:

barry-eh said...

Great thoughts about the dance. I think we've totally forgotten to dance as a form of expression to honor God. I know I have...but I believe somewhere deep down within us...there's a dance just waiting to explode!

Lindsey said...

i love that you have baby parties! it sounds so wonderful!

Kayla said...

Yep Yep Wrapping up, but it has been good. I can not believe all the Christmas that is going on in the Island town. Hope you like Christmas Music!