CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ironic Dolphins

A dolphin comes dancing around the food court, and the little children at our table are captivated by this lovable plush bank mascot. Cause what represents a bank better than a teal, plush dolphin??
Well, amidst the delight of a 2 year old, and the ensuing pictures, we weren't paying enough attention to our surroundings and a man slipped behind my chair and nabbed my wallet from the purse hung over the side. Right in broad daylight, people all around, me in the chair. And once I realized it was gone we even knew exactly who had taken it! But by then it was too late, dolphin gone, man gone, disappeared into the other 18million people in town. Lame, eh?
Ultimately he only got maybe 1000p ($20-25), my cards and ID, and a really great wallet! And neither myself or my friends were harmed in any way. And maybe the guy needed those 1000p a lot more than me. What I find ironic is that I traverse this city daily, alone, up and down, and I'm regularly in the "bad" neighbourhoods, but it was in a classy, shiny mall with a group of friends. That's when it happened. Ironic!
So the moral of the story is, when a bank-endorsing dolphin comes dancing past you, grab your valuables and don't trust the guy with the kid who looks like he's looking at the dolphin. (Clever plan though!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Canada, the banks dip into our pockets with bank fees. Apparently in the Philippeans they organize dancing mascotts to enable Oliver Twist to do his work!!

Kim said...

father, i caught you in a mistake! yes, my favourite! umm where is "Philippeans" -K

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to feel normal in a "regularally" sort of way! love dad

Jenn said...

that sucks kim. Sorry to hear about that. Sure hope you can get all the things you need. Like a new drivers license.