CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Desperate Heartache

Yesterday morning we woke to attend a birth, arriving at the clinic in confidence, awaiting the natural entrance of a new life. Hours later, at 4:00 we fought for that life, and at 5:00 we accepted that life would not come. We lost the baby.
To all the horror of that final hour, I can not give words. We did all that could be done, we fought a war for life. And we cried out-loud, begging God to act, speaking His holy word, proclaiming His goodness, we prayed desperate, faithful prayers for an hour and a half. But that tender, precious girl stayed resting in the arms of Jesus, and never woke to know this world.

The unimaginable truth is that everyday infant lives are snuffed out before they ever begin. It's a fact too sad and too wide for my mind to really know. But yesterday, I held one perfect, beautiful, lifeless baby. And I experienced the despair of her parents, sobbing husband clinging to heartsick wife. And I wept, and things broke inside me, and I was a part of one of those unimaginable moments. And now every thought, every conversation, even my sleep holds the memory of that one hour, that one baby.

Together now we wrap ourselves in prayer, we hold hands to walk home, we cry floods of tears, we unburden ourselves before Jesus. We make it through one day. And by the grace of God; tomorrow we will get through one more. Please:

Pray for Erlinda - a mother without a child. Pray for Gerlene - a women serving her people and trusting God's protection. Pray for us - small servants with broken hearts.

6 comments:

Momkiss said...

Your printed words did justice to what occured. I will hug my girls a little tighter today.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for you all and I will pray.
Alex's poem made me cry.

Jeremy said...

hey, we are praying for you. as a matter of fact, the whole church is praying for you. you should realize that the work you are doing is kingdom work, and it's reaches are greater than you can ever know. not sure if it helps really, but there it is. and by the way, jenn, gray and i all miss having you around.

Chantal said...

oh hun. i wish i could give you a big hug! i am crying with you! your and your fellow midwives are dearly loved and are being prayed for.

Anonymous said...

Kimmy, Alex and Mia, it's hard to find words for me to express what i feel seeing you through this past couple of days. i just know, you guys are h a n d p i c k e d by God to do t(his) work here. when i think of you these words come to my mind: It's not easy. But it is love. Your Dad is so so proud of you.


with all my respect, love & prayer, thanks for everything

Jenn said...

Oh my Kim, I am so sorry to hear of the loss. How sad you must be. Thinking and praying for you my friend. Hugs and kisses. Love you.