CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 20, 2006

Shoes of Snow

I went snowshoing this weekend. Is that how you spell that? Or is there an "e" at the end of shoe?? I think I'm probably supposed to know that, what with it being a part of my job and me having a grade 12 education and all...
But anywho, I went snowsho?ing! I haven't done that since elementary school days, back when we had the giant traditional-Aboriginal style shoes and we would waddle around in great effort on what was usually quite packed snow. A real hoot, right. So with no real positive prior experience I had no reason to ever consider picking it up again. And to be honest - whenever anyone at work would ask me about snowshoes I would look at them blankly and go find someone else. But now, now I am Pro-Star, or atleast not a complete fool.
We went out late Saturday night and tramped around through the trail system just outside of town. It was perfectly dark and peacefully quiet. And I suppose we ruined both of those things - what with headlamps, shoes on snow and conversation. Hmmm, I hadn't thought of that yet. But at least our only lasting footprints were our very footprints.
It was a peaceful getaway. And how often do you use Saturday night for a great workout with friends??

0 comments: