CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

In the Mountains



This past weekend our entire school (about 60 of us) took time out of studies and the city to go camping in Payette National Park. It was incredible to get out of urban and spend some time in the mountains, it has actually been years since I've had the chance! We were about 2 hours into our trip when - surrounded by the mountains I felt God's presence and realized we were on holy ground - I felt like I could actually breathe.

It was a great chance to get to know all the other students, their kids, the staff - there are so many amazing people here who have a heart for the poor and are getting ready to head out into mission work, are or being a part of this school as they are on furlough. There are some BIG dreamers here and I am so inspired, I feel so comfortable to explore where God may be leading me.

On Saturday we took off for a quick hike to a mountain lake - but we did not find it! After a couple miles (yes, that is miles not clicks, I'm temporarily converted), most folks headed back, but about a dozen of us kept on breaking trail and fjording mountain rivers in search of the elusive lake. We never found it - but we managed to reach a beautiful alpine meadow, rest and go back to camp having had a fantastic adventure. All in all I think we completed 14 miles - a great day!

And that is what I have to say about camping. Above is the view from the bus on our way up, and then I have a couple pics from our hike: me in the beginning, and a medic student mid-river (so cold!)!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

wow kim its a great picture of you, both your eyes are open. Sounds like you had fun.

Anonymous said...

That's great scenery! It's not fair! Ok, it is fair, but shouldn't you be working? kidding aside, I hope you have a marvelous experience. All I can say is, I can't watch the learning channel any more because they had a woman giving birth and it freaked me out! Glad it's you there and not me... :\

Desiree said...

Looks like fun!