CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 06, 2006

Emerge

Well I survived a weekend of no sleep, dozens of crazy youth, and many hours driving! I had a lot of fun this last weekend in Calgary at ABC's (my old bible college) Emerge conference. Loved hanging out with all my jr high girls, catching up with Nate and Nancy from DTS, and seeing bible college friends. But I gotta say, it was impossible to balance doing all that! Sooo many people, so little time!
So if I missed you, I'm sorry, wish I had a lot longer.
To anyone who hasn't heard, I'm heading off again. This time going to Boise, ID and then on to the Philippines as I study and learn the art of midwifery! (FYI: midwifery is being a midwife - providing pregnancy care, delivering babies, and doing check-ups on mothers and infants. I've had some pretty entertaining guesses, so hope that clears things up!)
In case you're interested here's my unofficial itinerary:
June-September - Boise, ID. Midwifery School academics.
September 06-September 07 - Manila, Philippines. Practicum; providing midwifery care in the Welfareville slum.
It's a REALLY long time to be gone, it scares me a bit, and I'm really going to miss all of you my wonderful friends/fam! Of course if anyone gets the itch to check out Manila, and maybe some tropical islands and beaches, I'd sure love to have visitors - something to think about!!
Gotta go, the weekends sleeplessness has taken a toll on me, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Become God's Midwife

As you're waiting to discover your life purpose and destiny, be willing to let God use you to bring about His purposes in the world and in other people. Shiphrah and Puah, two obscure but important Egyptian midwives from the book of Exodus, provide excellent examples of how we can serve others while we wait patiently for God. Their job was to make something great happen for someone else, to help other women give birth. When carzy Pharaoh issued a decree for the murder of all boys born to Hebrew women, these midwives refused to obey because they feared God (exodus 1:17). Instead, they let the male babies they delivered live. As a result of their courage and obedience, God blessed them and provided them with children of their own.

Even if you have yet to identify God's plan and purpose for your life, don't sit around waiting for Him to write the plan on your bedroom ceiling. Help others give birth to His vision for their lives.

His Rules Christopher Burge, Pamela Toussaint - WaterBrook Press